September 15, 2011

About myself & the blogosphere


Hello everyone, I am excited to be joining the blogosphere. I have decided to start a blog in order to provide general pediatrics advice in a longer format than I usually have in clinic, as well as share my experiences as a mother. This information does not substitute speaking to your physician, and all opinions are my own and do not necessarily express the opinions of my employers. The following is my bio:

I  grew up in Los Angeles, California, graduating from the Hamilton High School Academy of Music. My mother is a pediatric rheumatologist, giving me some extra insight into how medicine has changed over the past 30 years.

The University of California at Berkeley is where I spent my under-grad, receiving my B.A. with honors, majoring in Inter-Disciplinary Studies, Environmental Science. I went on to get a Master’s degree in Regulatory Science from the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy, which led to a position in clinical research at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles. While working there  I realized research was not enough for me, and I wanted to be a doctor too. I love medicine because it allows me to be a scientist, teacher, and detective every day, as well as help the next generation of children grow up healthy.

I obtained my M.D. from the Ben-Gurion University Medical School for International Health in Collaboration with Columbia University Medical Center. I received the Dean’s Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Medical School for International Health.  The school not only has an outstanding emphasis on clinical skills, but also allowed me to work with diverse populations, including a very short time in Ethiopia, and a senior project with the Bedouin community.

My internship and residency in pediatrics was completed at Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, Westchester Medical Center,  New York Medical College, where I was their American Academy of Pediatrics Delegate.  I am honored to have received the Pediatric Residency Leadership Award. I am a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Los Angeles Pediatric Society. I am certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.

I am happy to have recently moved back to Los Angeles with my family. I am lucky to have a wonderful, supportive husband, and a beautiful toddler son, who teaches us something new each day.

I am now seeing patients at Roxbury Pediatrics in Beverly Hills, CA. You can check us out at http://www.roxburypediatrics.com/

Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts!